As we all vow to do or not to do a host of thing in this new year, lets all vow to be kind to our hair & skin this year! What better way to start the year by breaking some bad habits to improve our physical well being. After all when we look good, we feel good!
1.Enhance your natural hair with healthy hair practices. Like
- Use the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type
- Have regular trims. Any stylist will recommend you visit the salon every six to eight weeks to zap split ends and encourage the hair to feel healthier
- Deep cleanse your hair weekly to remove product build-up
- Deep treat every other week
- Reduce heat styling but if you must, use a good protector spray or serum
- Choose non-greasy products that don’t weigh your hair down.
2. Pay attention to what you put in your body
- Stress and negative emotions can play a part in hair loss, flaky scalp conditions and excess sebum (oil) production. Find time to relax and de-stress
- Eat a well-balanced diet. If you lead a busy life and don’t have time to cook, supplement your diet with the hair-building vitamins B6, B12, evening primrose oil, folic acid and a good multivitamin.
- Eliminate smoking, caffeine and fizzy drinks from your life
3. Practice Good Skincare
- Cleanse your skin every night
- Do not pick at your skin
- Wear sunscreen daily
- Find the BEST products for your skin type
Have a beautiful 2014 everyone 😉
One Love, Malibu